GIAMMATTEI CLOSES THE COUNTRY FOR 3 DAYS — NEW REGULATIONS FROM THE 15TH OF MAY
Regulations from the Guatemalan government for the entire country – Summary of today’s communication, May 14, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Movement is restricted throughout the country from today through Monday, May 18th at 5 a.m. including heavy transport, utilizing combustible or derived fuels, excluding those with destinations to ports. This measure will be instituted the following weekend beginning May 22nd (although it could be modified)
- Excluded are vehicles transporting foodstuffs, water and medicine, or distributing propane gas, and those servicing utilities emergencies, internet and telephone.
- Going out to make purchases between 8 and 11 a.m. is allowed locally (on foot, not through use of two or four-wheeled vehicles)
- As of Monday, May 18th, the schedule for traffic circulation will be 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. only when absolutely necessary and while wearing facemasks.
- As of Monday, May 18th, neighborhood markets and municipal markets will open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 6 a.m. to 1p.m. On those same days supermarkets and convenience stores will open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pharmacies will remain open 24 hours/day for home deliveries, as will home delivery services of food.
- Roosevelt Hospital is temporarily closed down in case of suspected cases of CoVid19.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, headache and sore throat, diarrhea, fever or a dry cough get in touch with 123, 122 (Firefighters) or 1517 o 1540 to secure an exam or test, respectively, if the particular criteria of one or the other are met.